Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3,2008

Well, it seems like just yesterday that this year was beginning and now Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is drawing near. As usual, Thanksgiving was very busy for us, but also very enjoyable. It is always good to see family you have not seen in a year and see how they are doing. Our family is doing great and God gets all of the glory for that.

As I have been saying for some time now I believe we are living in the most critical times of our lives. I know many have been predicting things to get better, but the Holy Spirit told me several months ago that God's word never promised us that he was coming back for a glorious world, but a glorious church. If your hope and faith is in the world you are in trouble. I have watched so many people make fun of the gospel we live and preach, but it doesn't seem to be so funny any more. It is time to get serious with God if you have not been.

I am so thankful for the ministry of my father that i was raised under. He was a man that refused to waiver no matter who ridiculed him. As a result of his faithfulness and now ours this ministry and our lives individually have not faltered at all. Thank God his word works in good times and in bad! It does hurt to see other people hurt and I believe we should do all we possibly can to reach out to them and help them. The most important thing we can do in these times is hold fast to the unchanging word of God. His word never fails!

Until next time,

Pastor J