Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15,2009

Well, it has been some time now since my last post. I pray everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. We have much to expect this year concerning the things of God. As the Lord told us repeatedly over the last few years the world is waxing worse every single day. There is now so much of the world in the church that you cannot tell the difference between them. It is amazing how so many have fallen away from the faith that we are to contend for daily.

It is such a terrible thing to watch people's lives crumble around them. So many have refused to listen to what God has been saying for so long now that they have been caught off guard. Many enjoyed times of rebelliousness during great economic times, but that is coming to a sudden halt. I have been preaching and will never stop preaching that Jesus is the only way! We should get on our knees and seek God with everything within us every day and night of our life.

What is even more awesome is that many who turned away for some time are now returning. We are continuing to preach the same message that many have said was not right, but not only is God sustaining us he is also growing us. I believe that the number one thing God is looking for is a pure heart. I know that God has had me checking every area of my life lately to make sure it is line with his word. To make sure that my motives are right in all areas. If we are not treating our spouses and children like God has instructed us to I do not believe that we qualify for anyone else to listen to us. My desire is to be real and true in all areas of my life. No wrong motives, no wrong agendas. It seems so very often that we leave off the most important things and then we are limited in how far we can go. I choose not to make the mistakes that I have seen so many others make and that is to make sure things look right in public and let their character and private life fall apart.

Well, I don't know why I got off on that, but thank God for the victory. We have so much to be thankful for. As I was thinking the other day I don't have one single thing to complain about. I have a beautiful wife, 3 beautiful kids, an awesome church, and my God who sees me through all that I face in this life.

Remember that no matter what goes on in the news and in the world that God has not given us a spirit of fear. The word of God still reads the same and God is still on our side. The promises of God are yes and amen!

Until next time,

Pastor J