Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update, actually too long. There has been so much going on within the church that it's hard to remember it all. It is so awesome because everything that is going on is God!

We have gone out only twice with our newly formed outreach team and have won 16 people to the Lord. We have prayed with many more, but these are only first time salvations. We have recently had our first of many healing revivals and had several immediate healings. We will have the specifics later as we are going through the testimonies now.

I have never sensed the presence of God anywhere or at anytime like I have in this church over the last few months. It is amazing what God will do if you will only Pray, Listen, and Obey. I have chosen to do nothing or implement nothing unless the Lord directs. We love everyone, but I have found that God's plan works best always.

I cannot think of one thing in the church that hasn't increased. There is not a week that goes by that we don't have new people. We are having to plan our membership class right now because we have several couples and individuals that want to join. God gets all the glory for we have only been obedient to his plan.

On top of all of this Laura Leigh and I are going out to minister just as God has said. It is amazing to me to watch God work. I tell absolutely no one that I am even available to minister, but God has them to call me and ask me to come. It is amazing what God will do if we will only let him do it.

God moved mightily last week as I went to Columbus, Indiana to speak at a men's conference. The services were Friday and Saturday night. Many were encouraged, several rededicated their lives to the Lord, and the Holy Spirit spoke directly into the lives of a few others.

I believe with all my heart the best is yet to come! I am so grateful for our faithful upbringing under a true man of God that would not bow to anything but God and the word! Our foundation is so strong and this is showing up weekly by the outpouring of God's Spirit.

Until next time,

Pastor J