Monday, November 11, 2013

A Heart to Serve

John 13:13-17 (NIV)
13  You call me "Teacher" and "Lord," and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one that sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

I heard a minister say, "If you will listen to the Holy Spirit he will make you look like a genius." I would have to agree with this statement 100%! It's not that I want to be seen as a genius, but I do want to fulfill the perfect will of God for my life. I will have to listen to the Holy Spirit in order to do that. The Holy Spirit will always lead me in line with God's word. The Holy Spirit will, through the Word of God, bring me to a place of success and balance in my life.

I have been ministering a message lately titled, "The Heart of the Church." I believe that through this message God is not only trying to establish his word in my heart, but also to bring us back to a proper balance concerning our mission, The Great Commission.

I am in no way trying to attack anyone or any church, but I still believe in right and wrong. I still believe we should get our direction, instruction, and correction from God's word with the help of the Holy Spirit. It seems to me that church has become the entertainment center instead of the life changing and training center. When I hear many Christians talk, what seems to dominate conversation is what they like and what they don't. Even concerning church, it is "the music was awesome" or "the message was so encouraging." I hear often, "come to church with us, we have so much fun." Don't get me wrong, it's great to have awesome music and there is nothing wrong with being encouraged, but church is not supposed to be all about me. Church is supposed to be all about Jesus! I am supposed to be getting trained every day and every service to be more like him. If my heart is truly right then my heart's desire is to not please myself always, but to please the one who saved me. I should be encouraged at church, but I should also be equipped and encouraged to action.

You may ask, "Where is all this coming from?" This is not coming from watching others, judging them, and then writing and ministering along these lines.This is what the Holy Spirit has brought to my attention. Many Christians are focused on having fun while family, friends, co workers, and the world is dying and going to hell!

This is specifically what the Holy Spirit said to me, "It is very important that you know and understand who you are in Christ, and your rights, authority, and privileges in him. You cannot live a successful life or fulfill God's plan for your life without knowing this. You are called to rule and reign in this life as Kings and Priests, but it is also very important to remember that your heart is always to be that of a servant."

In the passage above we see Jesus leading by example. Jesus was and is the Only Begotten Son of God. Jesus was and is the Messiah. Yet, Jesus always had his focus absolutely perfect. Jesus' focus was to fulfill God's plan for his life, he walked in absolute mastery and authority over Satan, and he exemplified the heart of a servant from beginning to the end.

Your identification should always be who you are in Christ Jesus. I would never disagree with that. But your heart is always to be that of a servant. Society has told us we could have it our way and so has much of the church, but the true church desires that it's God's way!

Have you asked today or even lately, "God, how could I serve you this day?" I can assure you that if you will stop and ask this question the answer will be revealed to you. As you obey the direction you get from the Holy Spirit in this area you will become a greater vessel for him to use each day.

In closing, I know this is not popular to many today, but that is their own personal choice. Please know that any critical comments will simply be deleted with no response. I have chosen to judge my life by God's word and not others opinions.